We have the following open positions in our Los Angeles Office at this time:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Billing & Collections Supervisor
The Billing & Collections Supervisor is responsible for a variety of functions within the Accounting Department including direct supervision of staff. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to overseeing and performing all functions related to processing the firm’s client invoices and performing all functions related to collecting and managing the firm’s outstanding accounts receivables. This position requires an individual who can effectively work with the firm’s management and individual partners to assist them with specialized billing arrangements for various clients as well as assisting them in managing their client’s receivables. In the billing area, duties include, but are not limited to training all billing staff on billing processes, coordinating with other staff to ensure that invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner, assisting with entering and/or modifying time entries using either Elite or DTE, creating invoices according to partner specifications and sending invoices to clients either by mail or electronically. In the collections area, duties include, but are not limited to, contacting clients to inquire about payment status, generating ad hoc accounts receivable reports and statements, identifying those matters which require collection assistance, following up with partners on collection efforts and coordinating with an outside collection agency. This position would also provide various analyses on billing, accounts receivable and payment information to partners and/or clients as well as work on a wide variety of other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Five years prior billing or collections experience preferred. Knowledge and or experience in legal industry a plus.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer, under the direction of the Senior Network Manager, will manage the firm's Infrastructure systems and processes. Responsible for daily administration, planning, installation, maintenance and support of all systems related to technology in the CCN branch offices and data centers. Utilizes independent judgment and discretion in the performance of daily activities and works with other personnel as required to provide technology support for their departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands
- Skills in analyzing complex problems, troubleshooting and resolving them
- Own all aspects of alert/incident management processes related to system issues during and after business hours
- Provide leadership and direction for the Network team
- Active Directory related skills including GPO’s, LDAP, AD integration with business systems, AD Replication, DNS, and DHCP
Design, configure, optimize, maintain and manage the following environments:
- VMware vSphere 5.5, 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7
- Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Windows 7 and 10
- Multisite Exchange 2016 with load balancers
- Network infrastructure including LAN, WAN and internet connections
- Multisite SAN environment
- Design and monitor network security solutions to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic attacks
- Manage and maintain successful backup, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions in primary and secondary data centers and branch offices
- Maintain branch office and data centers including all considerations for power, cooling, and cabling
- Project lead with the integration of all infrastructure systems, including database, e-mail, security systems, firewalls, load balancers, network systems, Citrix, print, and backups servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Investigate developing network technologies and provide recommendations regarding the future application of such technologies and related productivity gains
- Experience with Citrix XenApp and NetScalers
- Serve as an escalation point for network systems issues
- Provide after-hours emergency support
- Strong Information Systems and Technology background
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with people from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Knowledge and experience with varying information security processes and tools
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new systems, processes and procedures
- Proven experience and success with LAN and WAN configuration management and administration
- Maintains a positive, courteous and professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
Education and/or Experience:
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, VCP
- SCCM, desktop imaging and application packaging knowledge preferred
- VoIP knowledge preferred
- Veeam backup and replication knowledge preferred
- 4 year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm environment ideal, but not necessary
Responsible for assisting with all phases of client billing from preparing pre-bills to mailing/electronic submission of statements, maintaining firm-wide timekeeping system (DTE), updating timekeeper and rate information in the billing system, uploading recovery costs, assisting with month end close, processing A/R and A/P as well as coordinating various projects.
Education and/or Experience:
4 year college degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance is required. Minimum 1 year of accounting experience (in a law firm environment is a plus) , strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, prior experience with Elite Enterprise, some technical skills including knowledge of tables/databases, strong written/verbal communication and customer service skills, excellent organizational and tracking skills with an eye for detail.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age and physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.