There are a variety of factors that set Cox Castle apart from other law firms.
- Early Responsibility & Engagement – Our cases and deals are leanly staffed, which allows even our most junior associates to do the kind of legal work traditionally reserved for more senior attorneys at other firms. At Cox Castle, associates with a year or two of experience have opportunities to work directly with clients, negotiate deals, argue motions in court, take and defend depositions, and draft key legal documents, all with the assistance and supervision of more senior attorneys, as appropriate. Associates are critical to the success of the firm, and we invest heavily in training and career development. Our goal is to work on developing associates’ expertise so they can become the next generation of successful partners at our firm.
- Attorneys Stay at the Firm – We provide our attorneys with the opportunity, training, tools, and autonomy they need to excel. Many of our partners started their careers at Cox Castle as summer associates and have spent their entire careers here.
- Associates are Encouraged to Develop Business – At Cox Castle we believe that a good lawyer understands the client’s business, and we work closely with associates to develop this kind of understanding. We also encourage associates to become leaders in their practice areas, and make sure they have direct client contact and responsibility, even in the early years of their practice. In our view, the sooner an associate can market his or her area of expertise, the greater the business development potential for that associate and for the firm overall.
- DE&I and Prioritizing Equality – Cox Castle supports a safe, secure, and welcoming workplace for all. Individuals with diverse backgrounds enrich our work environment, add value to the legal services we provide, enhance our culture, and connect us to our clients and communities. The firm continuously strives to create a positive work environment that encourages and accepts diversity and inclusivity. Cox Castle is proud to be a current participant in Diversity Lab’s Midsize Mansfield Rule certification process. As explained by Diversity Lab: “[t]he overall goal of the Midsize Mansfield Rule is to increase the representation of diverse lawyers in leadership by broadening the pool of women, LGBTQ+ lawyers, lawyers with disabilities, and/or racial/ethnic minority lawyers who are considered for entry-level and lateral attorney job openings, leadership opportunities, equity partner promotions, and opportunities to connect with clients.”
- Professional Development – We believe in providing learning, education, and training programs to help enrich our attorneys’ careers.
- Mentoring Program – We provide formal and informal mentorship support and guidance to help our associates hone their practice-related and leadership skills.
- Professional Organizations – Attorneys are strongly encouraged to participate in industry and trade organizations, real estate conferences, and other professional endeavors outside of the firm.
- Business on Tap Programs – Our quarterly Business on Tap program presents professional development topics responsive to business and career development topics relevant to Cox Castle associates. Our programs are sourced by a dedicated Business Development Committee made up of partners, senior counsel, and associates. Speakers include senior and junior partners from within the firm, in-house counsel for clients, and experts within the business development field.
- Making an Impact – We believe in giving back to our community and encourage our team members to support organizations and charities that are important to them. Our firm and our attorneys participate in various charitable activities, including CicLAvia, Shelter Partnership, and Law Rocks, among many others.