Cox Castle Nicholson Named to The Legal 500 United States 2017 Series
Cox Castle Nicholson, a preeminent full-service law firm focused on real estate in the United States, today announced that it has been recognized on the 2017 Legal 500 list in the real estate, construction and land use/zoning categories. In addition, nine of the firm’s distinguished attorneys statewide received the “recommended attorney” designation, an honor based purely on merit. It is the firm’s fourth year on the Legal 500 rankings in the real estate and land use/zoning categories and its first in construction.
“For nearly five decades, Cox Castle Nicholson has been a trusted legal partner to its clients, and this honor reflects our firm’s capabilities and commitment to solving complex challenges for clients across the real estate spectrum,” said Mario Camara, senior partner on Cox Castle Nicholson’s executive committee. “Our uniquely skilled and talented attorneys have advanced the firm in many dynamic ways over the years, and we’re proud to have the nation’s best in real estate as part of our team.”
The following individuals were named recommended attorneys in the 2017 edition:
- Andrew Fogg brings more than 15 years of experience representing developers and public entities in the land use entitlement process. He is recognized for his work advising Republic Urban Properties LLC on the redevelopment of the existing Millbrae BART Station parking lots into a new mixed-use transit-oriented village containing residential, office, retail and hotel uses. Fogg is based in Los Angeles.
- David Lari has extensive experience representing a wide range of public and private companies in complex real estate transactions and development projects. He is highly active in a number of real estate sectors, including healthcare facilities, resorts and mixed-use projects. Notably, Lari assisted Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III with a $500 million credit facility with a number of lenders, including Bank of America, N.A. Lari is based in Los Angeles.
- David Waite has more than 25 years of land use and environmental law experience representing developers, lenders and institutional investors. Waite was lead counsel to Philena Properties in the $350 million transit-oriented mixed-use development at Martin Expo Town Center, which includes residential, office and retail. Waite is a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and has been recognized by the Los Angeles Daily Journal as one of California’s “Top 50 Development Attorneys.” He is based in Los Angeles. Waite also was honored in 2017 Legal 500 land use/zoning category.
- Gregory Caligari represents institutional clients, developers and local government agencies in buying, selling and leasing real estate. Notably, he advised Broadcom on the $207 million acquisition of an office complex from Boston Properties. Caligari is based in San Francisco.
- Matthew Wyman leverages more than 30 years of experience representing developers, investors, owners and operators with a focus on joint ventures, entity level and structured finance transactions. Wyman is highly active in representing clients across various product types including the for sale residential, multi-family and office sectors. Wyman is based in San Francisco.
- Jeffrey Masters is a litigator and chair of the risk management and insurance coverage practice group, handling liability prevention and insurance structuring for major development projects as well as insurance claims and litigation. He is lead counsel for the owner of a $2.5 billion mixed-use development in Los Angeles involving the renovation of an iconic mid-century hotel and ground-up construction of two 46-story condominium towers, retail and parking. The development is insured under an innovative owner controlled insurance program providing general liability and professional liability insurance. He is based in Los Angeles.
- Jose Padilla has more than thirty years of experience in construction litigation, construction claims and defect litigation and, in addition, has development a construction contract transactional practice over the last ten years. He has represented developers, contractors and subcontractors in complex construction claims and construction defect disputes on projects such as the Walt Disney Concert Hall, ARIA Resort & Casino, as well as hospitals, highways, pipeline, multifamily residential and other hotel projects. He is based in Los Angeles.
- Kenneth Williams has been at the firm for more than 30 years, chairs the firm’s transactional construction practice and handles design and construction agreements, real property acquisition and development, financing, hotel development and commercial leasing. Williams works alongside Masters on the Los Angeles mixed-used transaction. He is based in Los Angeles.
- Robert Campbell represents clients in the efficient resolution of their construction claims disputes on projects spanning hospitals to highways, high rises to hotels and resorts, solar to sewage treatment and retail to residential. Along with Padilla and others, he resolves complex delay, disruption and other categories of construction claims on behalf of owners, contractors and other project participants. He is based in Los Angeles.
Used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, CFOs and professional advisors, The Legal 500 is widely recognized as the world’s largest legal referral guide, with more than four million unique visitors annually. More than 250,000 corporate counsel were surveyed and interviewed globally over 12 months to produce the guide, which is purely merit-based.
About Cox Castle Nicholson
Cox Castle Nicholson delivers strategic legal counsel and services to developers, public agencies, energy companies, lenders, investors, joint ventures, pension funds, landlords, tenants, corporations, high net-worth individuals and others in the management of their complex real estate, business and litigation challenges. Founded in 1968, the firm has more than 130 attorneys in offices in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.coxcastle.com. Follow the firm on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.