Scott Campbell is a senior paralegal who focuses on corporate governance for public and private companies.
Scott’s clients come to him for his extensive knowledge of entity governance and formation, property acquisitions and sales, and loan transactions. He has been involved in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, private offerings, project finance, and other corporate/business matters. Scott also handles all of the firm’s processing of audit letters.
Entity Formation And Authority
Scott prepares authorization and entity documents for all types of business transactions. He handles entity governance and maintenance projects, including the formation, qualification, restructure, conversion, merger, and acquisition of limited liability companies, limited partnerships, corporations, general partnerships, and limited liability partnerships formed in Delaware and California and qualified in the 50 United States.
Supports Affordable Housing Development
Scott has extensive experience with the acquisition, financing, and development of affordable and multi-family housing projects throughout the country, including entity formation, authority, property conveyance documents, government compliance and related matters.
Financing Transactions And Property Conveyance
Having worked with borrowers and lenders to document and close complex real estate secured financing transactions in relation to both individual assets and portfolios of properties, Scott has completed numerous loan, loan assumption, loan modifications, workouts and restructures, and other similar transactions. He also prepares conveyance, finance, joint venture, and other transaction documents in connection with real estate and personal property acquisition and sale transactions, project finance transactions, and joint venture transactions.
- Closed a financing transaction for a 278-unit, new construction, permanent supportive housing project in Downtown Los Angeles’ Skid Row Area, split into two separately-financed parcels stacked on top of one another. The project will provide housing for people in Los Angeles experiencing or having recently experienced homelessness.
- Closed a $283 million transaction a REIT based out of Korea with an advisor based in the United States to acquire membership interests in an entity, whose primary asset was a ground lease interest in Mountain View, California and who also had a sub-ground lease interest (as a sub-landlord) to a high-profile tenant for a newly built office complex.
- Closed a model home bulk sale leaseback transaction involving almost 20 separate properties and related financing
- Closed a mixed-use multi-phase project in Santa Clara, California incorporating affordable, market rate and for-sale housing, commercial and retail elements and a first-of-its-kind urban farm.
- Assisted in a debt financing transaction for the acquisition of 10 office buildings in Austin, Texas for $1.15 billion. The deal consisted of (i) separate mortgage loans on seven of the projects, (ii) separate mezzanine loans on two of the projects, and (iii) syndicated bank term loan and revolving credit facilities, both secured by mortgages on three of the projects and pledges of equity interests in the remaining seven projects.
- Assisted numerous affordable housing developers with the real estate financing of affordable housing projects, including those involving Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, private banks, the California Department of Housing and Community Development and local governmental agencies.
- Assisted in an acquisition of a partially constructed tax-exempt bond-financed project. The project was mixed-use with an affordable housing component and the transaction occurred through an indirect, multi-stage acquisition of the ownership interest in the project-owning entity, which included assumption of existing construction financing and conversion to permanent financing.
- Assisted in a joint venture investment of more than $800 million for the acquisition of a portfolio of residential projects in the east.
- UPDATE (2): The California Secretary of State is Replacing Its Business Entity Filing System in March – Here’s How to Avoid Delays/DisruptionsClient Alert, 3.25.22
- UPDATE: The California Secretary of State is Replacing Its Business Entity Filing System in March – Here’s How to Avoid Delays/DisruptionsClient Alert, 3.9.22
Awards & Affiliations
AIDS/LifeCycle Ride, Participant, 2002-2010
7-day, 550-mile bicycle ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness about HIV/AIDS
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Participant, 2004-2012
Walks in these events annually in memory of his sister
Real Estate Sectors
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1992