Christian advises residential, commercial, and light industrial developers, public agencies, and utilities regarding land use entitlements and environmental strategies. His practice focuses on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the Housing Crisis Act (SB 330), the Density Bonus Law, the Housing Accountability Act, the Subdivision Map Act, the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act, and the Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Act. Christian has processed entitlements through numerous local and state agencies. He has also litigated land use, property, and environmental actions before trial and appellate courts, as well as the California Supreme Court.
Before joining the firm, Christian clerked with the Environmental and Natural Resources Sections of the California Attorney General's Office and the California Assembly Committee on Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials.
Advised developer of 150,000 sq ft mixed-use project in San Mateo, California on density bonus and CEQA strategy.
Advised developer of residential project in Sunnyvale, California on density bonus strategy.
Advised developer of logistics industrial center in Solano County, California on entitlement strategy including resource permits, Subdivision Map Act compliance, and reciprocal easement agreements.
Advised developer on entitlement strategy to covert and existing office development into a 190-unit residential project in San Mateo, California on entitlement strategy, including its density bonus application and rezoning.
Advised developer of 130-unit residential project in Redwood City, California on entitlement strategy, including a development agreement and new zoning district.
Advised developer of 130-unit residential project in Vacaville, California on entitlement strategy including an annexation, agreement, vesting tentative subdivision map, and CEQA compliance.
Advised developer of 700-unit residential project in Vacaville on entitlement strategy including an annexation, specific plan, development agreement, vesting tentative subdivision map, and CEQA compliance.
Advised client on entitlement strategy for mid-rise office building in Redwood City.
Advised developer regarding its CEQA strategy for a 500-unit residential project in Livermore.
Advised a group of commercial property owners regarding the protection of development rights against changes to an airport land use compatibility plan.
Advised developer of master planned community in Sacramento County on wetlands permitting.
- Press Release, Best Lawyers, 8.18.22
- News, Law360, 4.28.17
- Press Release, CCN Press Release, 1.18.17
- Eleven Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Northern California Super Lawyers, 7.8.16
- News, Law360, 7.16.15
- News, Super Lawyers, 7.7.15
- News, Law360, 5.11.15
- Webinar, 9.27.17
- Conference, Parc 55 Hotel, San Francisco, California, 5/18/2017-5/21/17
- Webinar, 4.28.16
- Conference, Hyatt Regency, San Francisco, California, 4.24.15
- Christian Cebrian Authors Feature Article In February Edition Of The California Land Use Law And Policy ReporterArticle, California Land Use Law & Policy Reporter, 2.1.16
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, February 2012
- Client Alert, CCN Client Alert, 1.13.12
- Delaware Supreme Court upholds Cox Castle & Nicholson Lawyers' Successful Defense of Corporation’s “Poison Pill” Designed to Protect Net Operating LossesClient Alert, CCN Client Alert, 10.5.10
- Client Alert, CCN Client Alert, 8.27.10
- Cox Castle & Nicholson Lawyers Successfully Defend Corporation’s “Poison Pill” Designed to Protect Net Operating LossesClient Alert, CCN Client Alert, March 2010
- Article, California Land Use Law and Policy Reporter, March 2010
- California Supreme Court Bay-Delta EIR Decision Upholds Limiting Project Alternatives Based On Project Objectives, Upholds General Water Supply Analysis, And Upholds Overall Programmatic Level Of Impact ReviewArticle, California Land Use Law & Policy Reporter, 7.1.08
- California Supreme Court Upholds Bay-Delta Environmental Impact Report, Including Alternatives Analysis And Programmatic Level Of Impact ReviewClient Alert, CCN Client Alert, 6.10.08
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers, in Land Use & Zoning Law, 2023
Northern California Rising Star, 2015-2016
California Lawyers Association, Environmental Legislation Committee
Bay Area Council, Housing Committee
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2006, cum laude
B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1997, with honors