As a litigation associate and member of the firm’s Construction group, Kevin’s practice is focused on construction litigation, business and commercial disputes, and real estate disputes. Kevin represents owners, contractors, and design professionals in a broad variety of matters arising from both public and private works, including mechanic’s lien and stop notice actions, payment and performance bond claims, scope of work disputes, and prevailing wage proceedings. In addition, Kevin has experience drafting and negotiating construction and design contracts, and providing representation in real property and business transactions.
He received his J.D. at the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law. While at the Gould School of Law, Kevin served as an Executive Editor for the Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice, and also served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Gregory Alcaron at the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Prior to attending law school, Kevin received his B.A., magna cum laude, in Philosophy and English Literature from Seattle University.
- Press Release, Super Lawyers, 8.1.22
- Twenty-Five Cox Castle & Nicholson Attorneys have been selected to the 2020 Southern California Super LawyersPress Release, Super Lawyers, 5.1.20
- News, Daily Journal, 8.25.17
- Rob Begland, Stacy Freeman, and Kevin Hannifan Featured In The Real Deal Article - Movers & Shakers: Cox Castle & Nicholson Adds Three AttorneysNews, The Real Deal, 8.24.17
- Client Alert, 9.18.20
- Article, Daily Journal, 6.1.20
- Executive Order Establishes Rebuttable Presumption Regarding COVID-19 For Workers’ Compensation ClaimsClient Alert, 5.13.20
- Client Alert, 4.8.20
- Client Alert, 3.27.20
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2021
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, 2012
B.A., Seattle University, 2004, magna cum laude