Lisa's clients rely on her for the processing of land use entitlements before governmental agencies. She has counseled residential and commercial developers, non-profit organizations, industrial operators, renewable energy companies, and major educational institutions in navigating California's complex land use entitlement and environmental review process.
Lisa has extensive experience processing and defending land use entitlements throughout California, and in particular in the unincorporated County of Los Angeles. She has worked on most of the major land use cases in the County over the last decade, including master-planned communities for major residential developers, infill housing and mixed-use projects, transit-oriented developments involving the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority, retail commercial centers for national retailers, assisted living facilities, hotels, and major industrial projects. Her experience and understanding of the political context of land use development translates to other jurisdictions.
Subdivision Map Act, Transit-Oriented and Infill Development, Landfills, and Energy Expertise
As a result of her work with developers of master planned communities, Lisa has established herself as an expert in the Subdivision Map Act. In addition, she was part of the team that secured land use entitlements to redevelop public and private property at Metro's LAX/Aviation Green Line Station, which gave her experience on issues impacting infill and transit-oriented projects. Similarly, through her representation of industrial clients, Lisa is involved in land use issues impacting utility-scale solar projects, oil and gas development, and landfill operations.
Processed entitlements and assisted with litigation defense of numerous utility-scale solar developments throughout California.
Processed entitlement to expand major regional landfill.
Processed entitlement to establish zoning for a gasoline and ethanol distribution center.
Processed entitlement for 1,200 unit master planned community in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Processed entitlement for 4,000 unit master planned community in Castaic.
Processed entitlement for 375 unit master planned community in Chatsworth.
Assisted with litigation defense of entitlement to develop a phase of a master planned community and processed entitlement for related biological restoration project in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Processed entitlement to develop a solar energy farm on 3,700 acres.
Processed entitlement to develop a solar energy farm on 210 acres.
Processed entitlement to establish comprehensive zoning regulations for an 1,100 acre oil field surrounded by urban development. Assisted with litigation defense of project approvals brought by three community organizations and a neighboring city.
Processed entitlement to develop final phase of a master planned community with residential condominiums.
Processed entitlement to complete development of 2,500 unit master planned community in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Processed entitlement to develop one of Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang recreation camps for chronically ill children at Elizabeth Lake.
Processed entitlement to establish a transitional residential and treatment facility for homeless women and children and relocate 250 women and children from downtown.
Represented a major educational institution in multiple entitlement projects at its Catalina Island campus.
Processed entitlement to redevelop aging commercial and low-density residential property with high-density, mixed-use development, adjacent to a Metro light-rail station at LAX, in conjunction with Metro redevelopment of the station.
Processed entitlement to redevelop a large commercial infill site with a department store and restaurants
Represented a publicly traded homebuilder, who through a joint venture with a regional developer, acquired entitled property in Pacific Palisades for development of 53 townhomes
- Press Release, 6.8.12
- Eleven Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP Attorneys Are Recognized As Southern California Rising Stars 2011Press Release, Super Lawyers, June 2011
- Ten Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP Attorneys Are Recognized As 2010 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising StarsPress Release, Super Lawyers, 7.1.10
- Ten Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP Attorneys are Recognized as 2009 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.1.09
- News, Southern California Lawyers Rising Stars Edition, 6.19.08
- Los Angeles Imposes New Political Contribution Prohibitions and Ethics Commission Reporting Requirements for Real Estate DevelopersClient Alert, 6.16.22
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, 8.8.12
- Client Alert, CCN Client Alert, 7.10.12
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, May 2012
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, August 2011
- Client Alert, CCN Client Alert, 7.15.11
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, October 2010
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, July 2010
- Client Alert, CCN Quarterly CEQA Case Law Update, April 2010
- Client Alert, CCN Client Alert, 6.20.08
- Map QuestArticle, 01.01.07
- Practical Tips For Crafting Development AgreementsArticle, 03.03.03
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2008-2012
Real Estate Sectors
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2001
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1998