Erica Bose is a transactional attorney who focuses on a broad array of real estate transactions ranging from acquisitions and dispositions to land bank (off balance sheet) financings as well as other transactions relating to the development of land, primarily in the residential context but also in commercial.
Erica’s clients come to her for both her legal acumen and ability to give practical and sound legal advice, motivated by her understanding of her clients’ business objectives. She has built a reputation both in California and at a national level for representing developers and builders of all sizes in connection with complex real estate transactions involving acquisitions, dispositions, general land development matters, and land bank financing. She has also carved out a niche over the last 20 years representing land bankers with a strong national presence in connection with their acquisition, financing and development of land entitled for residential purposes. During that time, she has also advised land bankers on how to manage and/or dispose of assets when builders exercised early termination of these transactions during the last recession. Such experience has only enhanced Erica’s capabilities in this expanding industry and provided them with extensive knowledge of market terms and trends.
Represented a large private homebuilder in over $250 million in land acquisitions ranging from unentitled parcels to finished lots in master planned communities in California.
Negotiated the disposition of 110 finished lots in Southern California location for a purchase price in excess of $45 million.
Advised an equity provider in connection with its acquisition of a partially constructed tax exempt bond-financed mixed-use project with an affordable housing component through an indirect multi-stage acquisition of the ownership interest in the project-owning entity, which acquisition included assumption of existing construction and conversion to permanent financing.
Advised a non-profit organization in the acquisition of a planning area in a master planned community for construction of seniors housing.
For several years, negotiated option and construction agreements for a land banker in connection with its financing of the acquisition of lots in California, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida totaling over $150 million.
Represented an equity provider in connection with the formation of a joint venture and concurrent acquisition of three planning areas in a "broken" master development in Southern California.
Counsel to a joint venture comprised of a consortium of builders who have teamed up to coordinate the construction of infrastructure for a new residential development in the Inland Empire.
Represented a publicly traded homebuilder, who through a joint venture with a regional developer, acquired entitled property in Pacific Palisades for development of 53 townhomes
- Press Release, Best Lawyers, 8.18.22
- Press Release, Super Lawyers, 8.1.22
- News, GlobeSt.com, 7.25.22
- News, GlobeSt.com, 5.17.22
- News, GlobeSt.com, 5.17.22
- Twenty-Five Cox Castle & Nicholson Attorneys have been selected to the 2020 Southern California Super LawyersPress Release, Super Lawyers, 5.1.20
- Twenty-Nine Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.15.19
- Matt Wyman, Erica Bose & Chris Stark Quoted In GlobeSt. Article - Cautious Optimism Permeates Mood At MosconeNews, GlobeSt.com, 7.16.18
- Thirty-five Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.10.18
- Erica Bose and Matt Wyman Featured In GlobeSt. Article - Housing Markets That Are Set To Outperform This YearNews, GlobeSt., 7.28.17
- Thirty Six Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 6.7.17
- News, GlobeSt., 7.21.16
- Press Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 6.6.16
- News, Daily Journal, 3.31.16
- News, Law360, 12.10.15
- News, GlobeSt., 7.8.15
- Thirty Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers And Six Named As Rising StarsPress Release, 1.23.15
- Press Release, 7.17.14
- Press Release, 6.8.12
- Eleven Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP Attorneys Are Recognized As Southern California Rising Stars 2011Press Release, Super Lawyers, June 2011
- News, The Recorder, 3.11.11
- News, Daily Journal, 1.31.11
- Press Release, 1.25.11
- Ten Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP Attorneys Are Recognized As 2010 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising StarsPress Release, Super Lawyers, 7.1.10
- Ten Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP Attorneys are Recognized as 2009 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.1.09
- News, Southern California Lawyers Rising Stars Edition, 6.19.08
- Webinar, 4.28.20
- Sponsorship, Westin St. Francis, San Francisco, CA, 5.29.19
- Seminar, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles, CA, 4.2.19
- Conference, Mandarin Oriental , Las Vegas, NV, 9.24.18
- Conference, Moscone Center, San Francisco, California, 6/27/2018-6/29/2018
- Conference, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, 6/27/2017-6/29/2017
- Sponsorship, Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, 10.13.16
- Reception, Fowler Museum, UCLA Campus, Los Angeles, California, 4.25.16
- Reception, UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1.26.16
- Sponsorship, Knollwood Country Club, Granada Hills, California, 11.12.15
- Conference, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California, 6.5.13
- Seminar, Los Angeles, California, 10.13.09
- Article, Builders and Developers, 8.8.18
- Article, The Registry, 7.31.18
- Supreme Court Reverses Decision That Threatened To Undermine The Enforceability Of Real Estate Purchase AgreementsClient Alert, CCN Client Alert, March 2010
- Client Alert, CCN Client Alert, 11.10.09
- Article, LACBA County Bar Update, 2.1.09
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
GlobeSt. Women of Influence, 2022
Los Angeles Business Journal’s Top 100 Lawyers, 2022
Southern California Super Lawyer 2014-2022
Super Lawyers Women's Edition, 2015-2021
Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Stars, 2008-2013
Women’s Housing Leadership Group
Planning Committee for PCBC Land and Capital Program
State Bar of California
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2001
B.A., Vassar College, 1994, cum laude