Cathy Tran Moses is a litigation attorney who focuses on complex business and real estate litigation and dispute resolution.
Cathy has obtained successful results for the Firm’s clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters, including partnership disputes, breach of contract disputes, business torts, and other real estate litigation.
Cathy was formerly a Trial Attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, and a law clerk to The Honorable M. Margaret McKeown of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Cathy has represented clients in numerous high-stakes business disputes concerning partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases, and other written contracts; fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims; valuation disputes; and complex landlord-tenant issues. Cathy also has worked on a number of low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) disputes between partners.
She is experienced in all phases of commercial litigation, including pre-dispute negotiations, discovery, dispositive motion practice, and trial and arbitration.
Employment Litigation & Compliance
Cathy also has represented clients in employment litigation and counseled clients regarding California employment issues.
Successfully prosecuted and defended claims for fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary claims in partnership disputes in state court and arbitration;
Obtained favorable outcomes in litigation for developers and property owners against sellers for non-disclosure or failure to meet closing conditions;
Litigating low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) project disputes concerning claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting, and other claims;
Negotiated numerous pre-litigation disputes concerning purchase and sale agreements, leases, and other written contracts;
Obtained complete defense judgment in arbitration involving high-stakes wrongful termination claim.
- News, GlobeSt.com, 1.19.21
- Twenty-Five Cox Castle & Nicholson Attorneys have been selected to the 2020 Southern California Super LawyersPress Release, Super Lawyers, 5.1.20
- Press Release, CCN, 1.6.20
- Twenty-Nine Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.15.19
- Dwayne McKenzie and Cathy Moses Featured In Builder Article - New California Laws To Affect Home BuildersNews, Builder, 1.16.19
- Thirty-five Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.10.18
- News, Orange County Attorney Journal, 10.2.17
- News, Daily Journal, 8.25.17
- News, The Indy, 8.24.17
- Client Alert, 12.14.21
- Article, The Mann Report, 3.16.21
- Client Alert, 10.29.20
- Client Alert, 6.20.20
- Client Alert, 4.24.20
- Article, Orange County Lawyer, 4.15.20
- Client Alert, 3.31.20
- California Contractual Enforceability Issues Arising in the Wake of COVID-19: Force Majeure, Frustration, and ImpossibilityClient Alert, 3.23.20
- Congress Passes Major COVID-19 Legislation Providing Emergency Family Medical and Sick Leave Rights to EmployeesClient Alert, 3.19.20
- Article, The Mann Report, 3.5.20
- Client Alert, 12.23.19
- Article, Hotel Executive, 12.15.19
- Client Alert, 9.25.19
- Client Alert, 9.12.19
- Dwayne McKenzie and Cathy Moses Featured In Commercial Property Executive Article - New California Laws To Affect CRE EmployersArticle, Commercial Property Executive, 3.12.19
- Article, Orange County Bar Association, 2.4.19
- Article, The Mann Report, 2.1.19
- Article, 2.1.19
- Client Alert, 12.11.18
- California Supreme Court Adopts Simplified But Expansive “ABC Test” In Classifying Workers as Employees or Independent ContractorsClient Alert, 5.8.18
- Client Alert, 12.13.17
- Article, Orange County Lawyer, 11.6.17
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Recipient of the ACLU Foundation of Southern California’s 2010 Social Justice Award
Southern California Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2017-2020
Constitutional Rights Foundation, Orange County, Director
Orange County Bar Association, Professionalism and Ethics Committee Member
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2007, magna cum laude Order of the Coif
A.B., Harvard University, 2002, cum laude