Jonathan is a real estate associate and a member of the Retail and Commercial Development Team. He has handled a broad range of real estate transactions and specializes in commercial development and leasing, primarily representing developers and owners of retail, office, mixed-use, and industrial properties. Jonathan also represents owners of lifestyle and shopping centers in the negotiation of leases with major national tenants, regional tenants, and other specialty retail operators.
Jonathan earned his J.D. from Loyola Law School. Jonathan received his B.A. from the University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication.
Represents a prominent national multi-family project developer in its ground floor retail leasing transactions throughout the United States.
Represents the developer in the redevelopment and leasing of a major power center in Northern California.
Represents the developer in the leasing of a major lifestyle center in Los Angeles, California.
Represents a major retail developer in its dispositions of retail projects throughout the West Coast.
Represented the seller in the $72 million sale of a retail project in Ventura County.
Represented the buyer in connection with the $25 million purchase and $20 million option to purchase undeveloped land in El Segundo, California, including preparation of development documents, due diligence and title and survey review.
Represented the seller in connection with the $29 million sale of undeveloped land for construction of a medical office building in El Segundo, California, including the negotiation of related site development and reciprocal easement agreements.
Represented a major co-working company in the $118 million lease of over 102,000 square feet of office space in San Francisco, California.
Represented a major co-working company in the $92 million lease of over 114,000 square feet of space in Seattle, Washington.
Represented a major co-working company in the $42 million lease of the entirety of the office space of a new construction, mixed-use property in Seattle, Washington.
- Press Release, Best Lawyers, 8.18.22
- Press Release, Super Lawyers, 8.1.22
- Jonathan Zweig Featured In Commercial Observer Article - Calif. Lawmakers ‘Significantly Amending’ Bill to Renegotiate, Break LeasesNews, Commercial Observer, 6.8.20
- Jonathan Zweig Quoted In GlobeSt.com Article - How Landlords Would Negotiate Lease Terms Under SB-939News, GlobeSt.com, 6.5.20
- Jonathan Zweig Quoted In Connect Media Article - California Bill Would Place Moratorium On Commercial EvictionsNews, Connect Media, 5.26.20
- ICSC Law Conference "Exclusive Tips: Behind the Scenes of Negotiating Exclusive and Prohibited Use Provisions"Conference, Palazzo AB, 10.28.22
- Webinar, 6.3.22
- Webinar, 3.25.21
- Seminar, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles, CA, 10.24.19
- Client Alert, 3.9.23
- Client Alert, 6.26.20
- Client Alert, 6.10.20
- Review of Key Provisions in Proposed California Legislation (SB-939) Impacting Commercial Real Property Owners and DevelopersArticle, RENTV, 5.26.20
- Key Provisions in Proposed California Legislation (SB-939) Impacting Commercial Real Property Owners and DevelopersClient Alert, 5.20.20
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021-2022
Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2023
Selected as an “Influencer in Retail” in Globe St. Real Estate Forum, May 2020, as a member of the Retail and Commercial Development Team, the only law firm included as one of 15 national recipients
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Co-Chair of the Commercial Leasing and Development Subsection - 2021-2022
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Real Estate Sectors
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2012
B.A., University of Southern California, 2008