Corin Korenaga is a transactional attorney who focuses on acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and merger and acquisition deals across real estate product types and nationally.
Corin represents real estate owners, developers, and investors, as well as landlords and tenants of office, industrial, retail, and medical office properties. He has particular expertise in representing homebuilders nationally. Corin’s vast experience allows him to strategically and efficiently negotiate, document, and close transactions, all while paying close attention to clients' business objectives.
Corin advises clients on all aspects of acquisition, disposition, and development of real estate projects, as well as other merger, recapitalization, and asset deals. He works closely with his clients on all deal stages from structuring, negotiation and documentation, diligence efforts, closing, and development.
Corin also represents landlords and tenants in negotiating sophisticated office, industrial, retail, medical office, and ground leases. He serves as the lead attorney for leasing, tenant disputes, lease workouts, and other day-to-day operational matters at several major developments throughout California. During his time at Cox Castle, Corin has routinely handled in excess of 1.5 million square feet of leasing-related transactions annually.
Represented a state pension fund in a more than $500 million recapitalization and merger deal with a national multifamily developer.
Represented a foreign investor in acquiring the REIT interests of an entity owning an office project located in Mountain View, CA, with a global tech company as the sole tenant.
Represented a major public residential developer with its acquisition of assets from private residential developers in Texas, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Represented a private residential developer with its disposition of business assets in North Carolina and roll-over of equity into the buyer entity.
Represented a private residential developer with its disposition of business assets in Las Vegas, NV.
Represented a private residential developer with its disposition of business assets in Texas.
Represented a regional landlord in connection with office, retail and industrial projects in Northern and Southern California.
Represented the buyer of the Playboy Mansion in what was, at the time, the largest residential sales transaction in Los Angeles County history.
Represented a major private residential developer in connection with the development and disposition of a 900+ unit mixed-use development in Napa, CA.
Represented a major private residential developer in connection with the acquisition of land from a California redevelopment agency and subsequent disposition to a merchant builder and big box retailer.
- News, Bisnow, 3.8.21
- Corin Korenega Featured In Bisnow Article - Landlords Push Back As California Cities Order Halt To CRE EvictionsNews, Bisnow, 3.23.20
- Twenty-Nine Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.15.19
- Thirty-five Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 7.10.18
- Thirty Six Cox, Castle & Nicholson Attorneys Recognized As 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers & Rising StarsPress Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 6.7.17
- News, Law360, 4.28.17
- Press Release, CCN Press Release, 1.18.17
- Press Release, Southern California Super Lawyers, 6.6.16
- News, Super Lawyers, 6.5.15
- Press Release, 7.17.14
- Webinar, 10.13.22
- Real Estate Contracts in the Time of COVID: Insights and Best Practices for Contract Drafting and EnforcementWebinar, 5.21.21
- Seminar, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles, CA, 10.26.17
- Conference, Los Angeles, CA, 2.23.17
- The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, California, 7.15.16
- UCLA School of Law’s Asian Pacific Islander Law Students Association and the Asian Pacific American Law Journal Annual Alumni BanquetLos Angeles, California, 4.9.16
- Client Alert, 6.10.20
- Practical Landlord and Tenant Considerations Relating to the Moratoria on Commercial Tenant EvictionsClient Alert, 4.21.20
- Client Alert, 3.27.20
- Client Alert, 3.26.20
- Client Alert, 3.18.20
- Are you Covered, Landlord? Examining the Scope of Tenant Indemnification Obligations in Light of Morlin Asset Management LP v. MurachanianClient Alert, 10.10.16
Awards & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014-2019
State Bar of California
State Bar of Illinois
State Bar of Hawaii
International Council of Shopping Centers
Stanford Professionals In Real Estate
BOMA - Greater Los Angeles, Member
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Hawaii
- State Bar of Illinois
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2005
B.A., Stanford University, 2001, with honors